View Single Post
Old 21st September 2019, 00:04   #20
T16
I really should get out more.......

ZT CDTi 135, ZT260SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
The problem here is not the parts themselves, these are not remanufactured components, the problem is in the technique employed during fitting.

What you need to understand Ross is quite simple, during initial assembly at the plant, these would have been fitted by a person whose sole task was to fit screen surrounds, and he or she would have become well practised.

You on the other hand have fitted one, made a hash of it, then claimed it is down to poor manufacture, when trying to counteract your own shortcomings.

If you live to be 200 years old you will never be satisfied with any car you own, I've met your type before, so you have two options as I see it

1 Buy a new car enjoy it and get your life back

2 continue to try and repair your existing car, or employ someone capable of doing so

Either option is fine, but stop harping on about your car, it's tiresome

My standards are exacting, and I need not reassure anyone of the care and expertise which was taken to fit. Considerably more than anyone else I have ever seen mess with cheap re-made Chinese trims.

Even the connecting plates between the two trims which are cheaply just unfinished shiny metal were primed and black matte coated by me as they were at the factory.

It is poorly made and poor quality control which means the shape and size of the re-made ones are off.

I will not waste any more of my time as I have a life outside of baiting people.

If you think all the re-made parts are perfectly fine, good luck with your unwelded Indian rear suspension arms.

It is true however that the cars are getting on, however I was more impressed with the fit and finish on the old Rover Coupe Turbos than I have been on most of the ZT's.

Last edited by T16; 21st September 2019 at 01:29..
T16 is offline   Reply With Quote