View Single Post
Old 21st June 2018, 16:26   #8
p2roverman
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connie Tourer & Connie SE Saloon & Club SE Tourer

It's out, I'll mention how later.

BUT Why is there concern over damaging the traductor ring when drilling out the sensor. Looking through the hole it is the drive shaft I can see turning, while the traductor ring is inside th bearing and not in line with the drill bit should one drill all the way through. Comments?

Incidently, which end of the bearing has the ring (I bought one in case of need)

Removing the sensor was a pain. Following advice I tried to pull it out with a screw down a drilled hole in the middle, the screw thread just pulled out the newly created thread in the plastic. Eventually I drilled down an inch with a 31/64" drill, and drilled a small hole right into the coil? section at the bottom for the extraction screw - it would not move. With several small holes drilled aroung the side it eventually came free.

Any preparation before fitting the replacement? - I'm thinking a thin screwdriver blade down the hole to scrape rust off the driveshaft, and perhaps a tiny brush or pie-cleaner to clean whatever can be reach of the bearing face and seal which has the traductor ring underneath.
p2roverman is offline   Reply With Quote