View Single Post
Old 30th June 2022, 12:10   #9
Stu C
Loves to post

MG ZT 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsport View Post
Oh i see. your set up is different to mine. i didnt use the stalk lead. just steering buttons and a standard connects2 unit. my connects2 has one input lead only and couples to the unit which in turn finds the steering wheel circuit at the loom , which i believe is a continuous circuit and back to earth. some of these cars had infared system but mine did not. Anyway it worked for you originaly so must have been ok. Have you checked which side of the power supply your new unit is fed from, i was very sure to connect my unit to the ignition on only side. you will then have only power when its on.wired the other way round,permanent feed supply, it is possible that you could cause a spike i suppose when you reconnect your battery isolator, as the control units will all power up at the same time including the radio unit. Pioneer is a sub division of kenwood ,same manufacturer i believe so if mine works ok , yours should. You have 2 yr guarantee on your stalk lead , so send it back and ask for a replacement. Nothing to lose whilst you sort out your other jobs. At the end of the day it could well be faulty anyway ...
It's what my train of thought was, could be the unit kaput. Worth a try getting a replacement for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsport View Post
STU, are all the other controls on the steering working ok ? horn/cruise etc . have you checked .. the cruise roadsign should appear on the screen.
One of my first train of thoughts that, yus, cruise works (used it when driving after things went wrong) and horns no problem too
2004 MG ZT 260 SE #269
2001 MGF 1.8 Steptronic
2019 Seat Ateca Xcellece
Gone but not forgotton - MG ZT 260 SE #171
Member #126
Stu C is offline   Reply With Quote