View Single Post
Old 31st January 2020, 17:45   #6
first-things-first
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
The top vents on the drivers side, face level, door and windscreen will be cooler than the passenger side, once the interior has reached its target temp.

I dont know what your issue is, just wishing to be clear, as I have seen others think that it is running cold, but it is a safety function of the atc to reduce drowsiness. Others were ready to pull out the matrix etc thinking the system was faulty when it was functioning correctly. It can get quite cold and draughty after a while. It was a good idea, but not implemented very considerately (in my opinion and experience).

If when this happens, and your foot well vents on both sides are blowing cold too, then you do have a problem. If they are warm, then it is this safety function operating. I dont drive long enough for it to happen much, but if I recall switching out of auto, will then allow the warmth to recommence from the drivers side.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk
Sorry, did not add a first line. Should have read "In addition to what was said above : ".

I don't have an issue with climate, only the OP. I was just adding extra detail to hopefully explain why it acts as it does.

I totally understand what you are saying. Simply turning the bypass wheel gives me warm air rather than the blend air, which I found draughty.
first-things-first is offline   Reply With Quote