View Single Post
Old 8th February 2021, 17:16   #9
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartje View Post
On my 2003 ZT-T Diesel the FBH used to work perfectly, but this winter it somehow stopped working completely.
When activated (by the timer or remote) Nothing happens, not even a click or anything.

By switching it manually (pin 3 to ground) the same... nothing..

According to the schematics, there's 12V and ground at the 2-pin connector, and there's 12V on Pin 1 (If i'm not mistaking, haven't got the schematics at hand).

But... nothing happens... all fuses are (obviously) ok..

So.. PCB dead ? or could something else be a problem?

First of all take a look at this and decide if you have the early or late model FBH https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...d.php?t=310873

The 98570B takes 12 v to pin 1 and earth to pin 3

The 66232C takes 12v to both pins 1 & 3

Once you know which one you have you will know whether the test you ran by putting earth to pin 3 was a valid one, if you have the 66232C you can now try 12v to pin 1

If you have a remote I would expect both pins 1 and 3 to be populated in the 6 pin plug

Just to eliminate any issue with your remote set up, start the car when temp is 5 degrees or below and see if the heater works in supplementary mode

If after trying the above your fuses are ok and you have 12v and earth to the 2 pin plug and the heater is still completely dead than your PCB needs to be fixed or replaced

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)

Last edited by trebor; 8th February 2021 at 17:19..
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote