Old 17th September 2021, 00:32   #12
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post
The first time it is without doubt daunting, there are a few of us on here that have done quite a few now and you still worry if the two torx on the front panel will come off ( there is a work around if they don't) and then if the three motor body torx will come out and then what is the state of the board in the motor and the rest and finally and hopefully the magnets aren't cracked.
Still when you plug it in (laid on the floor before you put it all back together I may add ) it's a great feeling when it spins into action.[/QUOTE
]

Hi Mike.
Dave will know for sure as we did a fan together a few meets ago now, time was i think from removing the bumper, slam panel, fan, refitting another and put it all back together around 2 hrs so removing the fan is easy to do in an hour.

Bumper removed as above now the slam panel with lights attached, take note of those two torx that are a nightmare.

I doubt these would ever more unless you drilled then out.

Slam panel off take note where the two torx where holding the slam panel to the rubber grommets.

Nibble around the A/C joints.

lifting the cowling from the radiator.

Fan is off the car, ready to be changed or to remove the lid off the motor and replace the brushes.

New fan fitted after messing around with the old fan for 20 minutes or more.

There was a lot of spurious wiring on the slam panel & on this car, before it could be put back together.

The lights had been tampered with.

So this took longer than usual

If the wiring had needed to be sorted out then front would have been back on by 11.10am at the latest.

This is what the fan motor looked like, you can already tell its been burnt out.

The motor is burned

Wiring burnt through.

Coils burned.

This was only good for spare such as the wring loom, control box and PCB.

I find it always best to remove the fan altogether it saves time in the long run.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote