View Single Post
Old 24th September 2021, 14:54   #1
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts
Default retrimming sagging headlining or replacement near Essex

Hi all,

The headlining on my Dad's 75 has slowly been sagging from the front back for months now and it's now in desperate need of replacing.

I'm ordering some sample materials off ebay to find the closest match. From what I've read on this subject no one has found a very close match to the factory sandstone colour headlining? I'm not too fussed about it not matching perfectly.

Has anyone retrimmed their headlining and found a source for a material that matched well enough? Looking to order some foam backed material so it still has the soft touch feel.

And is there any adhesive highly recommended that holds well? I've already got some cans that were recommended last time (trim fix I believe it's called from memory, grey cans with red lids) but if there's any others highly recommended please let me know.

Or alternatively is there anyone in or near the Essex area that has a good condition sandstone saloon non sunroof headlining available for sale?

Cheers
Rick
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote