View Single Post
Old 23rd August 2020, 08:22   #3
The Mighty Quinn
Posted a thing or two

2004 mk1 Rover 75 1.8T Club SE saloon (auto)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
from the images, there is a red wire that does not look to be connected (page one image and three). This is a power wire of some description, likewise, there is also an orange wire too that is not connected. I cannot remember what the orange one is for, but the red one (and yellow) both need to be connected, as these are both lives, a permanent and switched live.

If this is not the case, then approach it logically.

Disconnect everything, so that all that remains is the ISO car loom. Plug the Alpine loom into this, ignoring the steering wheel part of the loom. Plug the loom into the stereo then power on. This will eliminate any issue with the stereo (as this is the newest link in the chain).

If it operates fine, then plug the Alpine stereo loom into the KTP445 amp (I think this is how it operates?) and then plug the amp loom into the car loom. Then test again.

The steering wheel adapter looks to be an Autoleads ones? If so perhaps try fitting it without the amp in the equation, and test its operation without trying to make the steering controls operational at this point.

As I understand it, the wiring should go as follows.

Stereo loom, to the Amplifier, to the steering wheel control loom, to the car ISO loom. (There will also be the 2.5/3.5mm plug from the steering wheel adapter control box that will plug directly into the socket on the back of the stereo).

The above all depends on the amp drawing power from the ISO loom. It will be a little less straightforward, if it draws power directly from the battery (as a standard amplifier would).

Thanks very much for the advice, Alan

Will go at it again today, and will take a step-by-step approach as you've stated.

I have an old Autoleads lead that I'm using as it has the right ISO plug (new Connects2 lead has a different arrangement, so leaving it out..), and as I've got eject power going to my old head unit, I'm guessing you're right, in that I've just left something disconnected with the new leads.

Will report back later, to see if I make any progress...

There's no security feature on the new head unit that I might be overlooking, is there?
There was one very small screw and 3 larger screws in a bag for the new head unit, but I just assumed these were for mounting purposes (not needed)...

Cheers,
Karl.
The Mighty Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote