Thread: Naughty Naughty
View Single Post
Old 26th April 2021, 20:13   #10
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-sta View Post
Can easily happen by accident under the current online system. Happen to my fiancé on her daily. Set up a monthly direct debit over 2 years ago when we bought the car, payments had been going fine for over 2 years until last month. Luckily she noticed no direct debit payment went out. Checked online and it was showing as untaxed! She had to set up the direct debit again. No warning or notification letter or email to state any reason why the direct debit was no longer going to be collected, didn't make sense why as the direct debit had been running fine for over 2 years.
Yes, I didn't get any reminder for my vehicle that had it's tax expire end of January 2021. I SORN'd it mid-February (as it was under repair) and taxed it again in March.

I can't see why the DVLA cannot send out reminders as it is the computer that generates them. There is machines that can also fold the A4 page and place into an envelope. Finally, it can frank it and post it. Simples!

I bet the plod won't take that as an excuse and the latest "legislation" means that any vehicle overdue two months or more must be seized.

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote