Old 15th January 2022, 08:18   #163329
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
Was really doing well, checked out a couple of new places to meet. A farm shop with a nice cafe. Then I drove onto the English Spirit Distillery, not the easiest place to find but best stay on the A30 till you see the sign that leads you to the place.

All going well at this point. Had a lovely chat with the receptionist, lovely lady. Said I was hoping to bring a few members from a car club and that got her really interested. Pointed out the Yellow One in the car park. So we are invited back. Will be putting up a meet in the next couple of days.

Then I started to feel unwell, felt a bit sick. Thought it might be as it was warm in there. So I left, better out in the fresh air. OK into the car to start with but things were starting to turn the nasty way. Stopped in a lay-by and got out of the car. Threw up and felt very unwell. Somehow I drove home. No idea how I did it but home I got. Had a bad case of “touching cloth”. But I made it.

Feeling ok at the moment. Managed to get food to stay down. Now got a runny nose. So I’ll not long before bed.
Morning all. Bob, that’s good news you have found a suitable venue for the meet. I had similar symptoms after I arrived in Kenya, vomiting, runny nose and sore throat. Everyone here said I had Covid. I didn’t panic but checked my PCO2 with an oximeter and it was 96% and the lateral flow was negative. 48 hours later I was okay and back to normal. The food on the plane wasn’t that great, travellers diarrhoea sorted it out …..

Hopefully yours is nothing serious, rest easy.

Look after yourself.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote