View Single Post
Old 27th June 2022, 14:54   #150
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga Lout View Post
It'll come down to money and taxation, all the freebies will go and it'll be a harsh new reality. There won't be a currency backed by the bank of England, that's already been said, what will the value of a new currency be worth? It'll depend on economics and all the dreams of affluence will come crashing down. The services you currently have will be cut as Westminster money is stopped, that'll cause hardship on a massive scale and unemployment will rise, who will fund your social system? The facts are simple, Scotland doesn't make enough money to sustain itself as it is now, a bare bones economy will follow a leave vote and any dreams of joining the EU, in the wind. There will be many who simply stop trading with Scotland, it won't be worth the hassle of passports and border checks for trucks and trains, what price a train ticket between London and Glasgow, what % will be the Scottish fee be, who will check the passports? It's been made quite clear that if Scotland leaves they'll be left to it. See how popular she is then.
And if they vote to leave then they should be left to it, that's what it's about. Why should the rest of the UK provide funds if they are no longer contributing to the pot?

And if their own economy is really as bad as you say, then I'd be glad if they left, if they're really taking out that much more from the UK pot than they are contributing... Surely taxes for the remains of the UK could then be lower if we're not propping them up.

Let them get on with it if that's what they want. I know I'd have been annoyed if my vote to leave the EU had then been hampered by the EU making things as difficult as possible... Oh, wait...

What I'll find more interesting is, will they still have the Queen and Royal family, or will it be a full break away cutting all ties. As that could be a sticky point if they want to keep the Royal family, they'll still have to contribute a certain amount to them.
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote