View Single Post
Old 5th November 2020, 12:22   #500
RobSun
Gets stuck in

MGZTT

Those from the south west in Cornwall should consider the main reason for this lock down. It is to protect the NHS and the services it gives to all of us. Up north we have better facilities i.e. more hospitals and yes they are filling up and non urgent and risky procedures in some hospitals are being cancelled. Cornwall has one hospital for the whole county in Truro. My daughter works in that hospital where because she is a northerner receives racist abuse on the wards from some locals and is told to go back to where she belongs and is not wanted down there. This hospital is working at near full capacity and Covid cases and admission are rising regardless of your good efforts at curbing its spread just like those in the north. The local infrastructure of small local "cottage" hospitals is not suitable for taking the over capacity for serious cases and treating the epidemic and will soon be in a dire position if admissions are not reduced, the same as the rest of the country. So it needs the same protection the rest of the countries hospitals require.

My daughter has told me that we in the north get a better service in our hospitals than they are capable of giving in Cornwall so it really needs the protection this lock down is hoping to achieve.