View Single Post
Old 11th June 2019, 19:37   #101
Matt G
Regular poster

MG ZT 190+ (Development car), mg zt 190SE (Twilight), MG ZS 180

Default BU04 YHC & BU04 Factory Cars- Does Anyone know anything about their Early MG History

Hi All

Not sure if this is the right post to write on but both these cars where originally registered to MG Rover and I wonder if anyone on the forum knows anything about there early history within the MG Rover group and what role they may have played in the factory or if there is anything quirky about them.

I do have a little info on them see below, but nothing more specific.

The grey 2004 MK2 MG ZT BU04 YHC is registered as a 190+ but kitted out to an SE specification

-Manufactured - December 2003 - 5 months before the Mk2's launched and -definitely made as a MK2

-Registered to MG Rover, Engineering Fleet Control, 350 Groveley Lane - June 2004
-Sold - February 2005- Just before the company dissolved with only 17 miles on the clock.

I wonder could this of been some sort of Mock up or Measurements Development Vehicle? Its registration is only 8 up the sequencing of one of the Flight shed rover 75's frequently photographed and with only 17 miles on the clock at 15 months old, it certainly did not get much use.

The second car is a 2004 Rover 75 Contemporary, which was manufactured and registered May 2004 to MG Rover group Company Vehicles

-Sold- November 2004- 6 months later with only 263 miles on the clock.

Again very little mileage and I think one of the first contemporary's produced, the Service book is just stamped "Phoenix".

They could simply of been company cars, but I just wondered if there are any ex employees in the club who may just know something about them, I would be really interested to hear any information on them.

thanks in advance

Matt
Matt G is offline   Reply With Quote