View Single Post
Old 13th June 2019, 12:54   #106
Canonite
This is my second home

BMW 330d Tourer, MG ZT 180 SE XPG, VW Polo 6R 1.2 TDI Bluemotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
Thanks canonite and Colin_NI for the responses, most appreciated!!

...It’s also interesting that your Celestial MG ZT was built at a similar time and was for the MK2 press launch. From previous cars I have seen the service book is normally stamped MGR Press Garage if it was a press car, is that the same for yours? also was your first registration to “Engineering Fleet Control” or Mg Rover Company Vehicles”?

That’s what made me think my MG ZT may not have gone down that route as it, just has a signature of “Calam” I think (hRd to read) and date in the service book . The other Rover 75 is simply stamped “Phoenix”.

Maybe your right and mine was built for that purpose and never made it too launch.

I have found some dates written in “white pen” just like the video underneath, but again that may have just been production markings.

Thanks again interesting stuff.

Regards

Matt
Matt, my car is stamped in the handbook ‘MG Rover Group Ltd - Press Garage’

I’d be interested in finding out who was the first registered owner of my car, it was featured in WhatCar shortly after registration so it was definitely used by Longbridge for that purpose. I think the BX04 monogram Press Garage cars that were done in the lead up to the Facelift launch, were a last ditch attempt at driving sales prior to the collapse with a new revised look, hence why the cars were built close to SE specs with lots of options.
Canonite is offline   Reply With Quote