Old 27th September 2020, 13:10   #154844
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by w44nty View Post
Name names,flush out the blagards,me included
Its the Fab Four, I tell you,Help
It's not just profiles causing the problem. Some avvys, links and images all over the site are contributing to it. There are likely a few posts of mine on this thread and others from years gone by which contain HTTP from when it was the norm. But, yes, you are correct in fingering Ian as but just one.

Lordy's avvy is another along with Jeff's sig link. Actually Jeff, the rescue site on the end of your link could help itself and change to HTTPS. Currently it is HTTP and it is flagging up a false positive which could be turning an untold number of people away from the site. The site has a Cat Chat page which is showing ok as HTTPS so the problem might just be with its main page/site.

I've only had a quick look at the most recent posters on this thread so there may be more going back further over the years with problematic profiles. But I suspect the most recent might be having the biggest impact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Thanks Steve sir for checking and thanks for the alert
Thanks for this post Phil. I was unsure of whether or not to flag it up on this thread as posts of good intentions can travel over the net as humour sometimes does - and you can end up getting your bum well and truly bitten.

This is the biggest thread on the site with some very prolific posters. If HTTP is removed from profiles where found then it might, though not guaranteed, make a difference to the site. It won't fix this thread entirely because as said above profiles are not the only problem, but our profiles I think are the bottom of the iceberg because they affect every single one of our posts, unlike links and images which we post from time to time.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote