View Single Post
Old 11th June 2020, 10:58   #99
Supervinnie40
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 1.8 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by colintf View Post
How far are you from MG Workshop Holland? I know them, they are great people, maybe they could do the testing for you?
That would be about 114km (about 71 miles). Have to admit, I've never heard of them before?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
OK Vinnie I've just connected my multimeter into my battery circuit. I can only use the 10 amp range which gives me a display of two decimal places.

On connection the car's system "woke up". The current varied initially but settled at 2.5 amps.

It then reduced to a stable 2.12 amps after about a minute.

After about a further minute or so it fell to 0.09 amps. This coincided with the video module (I have highline sat. nav.) fan switching off. I waited for a good few minutes longer and the current remained stable at 0.09 amps.

MG Rover says that after 20 minutes I should expect half this current. I'll return then to take another reading.

Simon
Thanks for your effort Simon.
Mine does a very similar thing as yours does (apart from the sat nav thing). And mine stays at 0.07. If I wait long enough (about an hour), it goes down a lot (0.01) but jumps up and down all the time. It can go from 0.01 to 0.1 and back to 0.01 within a second. It's not always up to 0.1, it seems to give total random numbers.
I'll make a video of both situations and put it on Youtube. Maybe that'll help.