View Single Post
Old 30th September 2020, 15:31   #6
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardmk View Post
And for good measure, you may have to silicone seal the new seal if after doing that list you still get water in the boot. I did everything on the forums including Arctic's excellent sunroof drains fix. I still had some water getting into the boot until I silicone sealed the new seal! Heavy rain overwhelms the boot seal and water can leak in under the fitting surface against the metal rim. My ZT V8 has a hidden factory fitted drain (under the battery plate in the boot), which speaks volumes for the confidence of the engineers at Rover in solving what was clearly a problem well known to them Nevertheless, without that drain, I would have had a swimming pool inside.
Boot drain? My ZT260 saloon let water into the boot via the l/h rear light cluster seal (the 2 part item). It became a Olympic size swimming pool. After I got the water out I noticed a circular blue bung let into the boot floor pan. No hole in it though, so no water egress......simples!

My 44 year old Triumph has a rubber holed bung in case of water ingress but it has never leaked in my 34 year ownership.

Kev
p.s. Anyone know where to get a 6 cd-changer unit?
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote