Thread: Fan problems
View Single Post
Old 6th February 2021, 07:49   #34
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Hello Ivan. Thanks very much for updating us and it's good to hear that your fan motor is working. Just to be clear, is this the 2 speed 3 wire unit with new brushes and the second capacitor soldered into place?
Quote:
Originally Posted by beavis View Post
I got a new radiator also ... If I'm standing still and the fan is working ... the temp is going down very slowly ... Should I seek for better water pump for the future?
No. Your water pump will be fine. Having fitted your replacement radiator, did you follow the MGR refilling and bleeding procedure which involves raising the expansion tank? It sounds to me as if you still have air in the system.
Quote:
... I always had coolant in Vee of the kv6 I hope it was due to the higher temperatures....
It's nothing to do with the temperature Ivan. The 'O' rings are the culprit and will need replacing which requires quite a bit of dismantling. I have posted several times in recent threads explaining how to prevent a recurrence. Please search using my user name for those threads and let me know if you need any further assistance.
Quote:
Next would be the Vis motors (currently I got a vis motor stuck in closed position). I will open and clean them as per youtube tutorials).
Better than You Tube is to correspond with Stocktake here. Dave has spent a lot of time working on the VIS system and he knows all the failure points and how to repair them. You'll find his post above this one.

Simon