View Single Post
Old 10th April 2010, 01:47   #3
south bank
Avid contributor

2004 Rover 75 1.8 Connoisseur SE Saloon (Pre-Facelift)

I too considered a Jag before the 75.

Being so tall, the X type was never an option as any position in which I could drive the car rendered the back off side door redundant. To add to the misery, the dashboard felt quite low and the whole car felt narrow. It's a silly little car really and a pity, because I quite liked the idea of owning a 4 wheel drive sports saloon.

Unfortunatly the S-type is one of those cars that only really looks good from underneath. Nice idea coining the MK 2 Jag; it's just a pity it looks like someone described it over the phone to a man to who'd never seen one.

Maybe a bit harsh as some variants manage to look inoffensive, the sports grilled versions for example, and later facelift models, however the running and maintenance costs for use as an every day car put me off just as much as the looks. I'd have been paying far more money for a worse product. Even the interior is worse.

Available tech and ride may have been quite similar but I'm not enough of a badge chaser for that to compensate all the downfalls. Especially compared to what a 75 offers.

The later shape XJ is acceptable though, besides the running costs and the fact that it's too long to park anywhere of course.
south bank is offline   Reply With Quote