Thread: Brake problem
View Single Post
Old 24th February 2020, 22:36   #25
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

It seems to me if you have no pressure at all in the pedal that we know exactly where the air is, it is in the master cylinder, right at the top of your system. It is going to take a lot of pumping and time to get it right from the top of your system to come out through a nipple at the bottom, and air likes to rise, not fall.

Are you absolutely sure the reservoir is being kept full throughout your bleed cycles?

Try pressing the pedal down and keeping it down for a while, while you let some fluid flow through one of the lines, just to make sure fluid definitely flows through from reservoir to the master cylinder. You must have an airlock somehow. It did happen to mine once. You need to get fluid flowing quite quickly for it to clear so either some furious pumping ensuring the reservoir is full at all times, or check for Jules post on the reverse bleed method and inject fluid through the nipples up-hill instead.

If using reverse bleeding, follow his guide to the letter not skipping any part of it.
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote