View Single Post
Old 29th March 2019, 15:00   #20
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

As a late graduate myself, I'd say support your son in his dream (I don't mean financially) As a professional who has worked continuously since graduation a year out won't put him at any disadvantage. I didn't graduate until I was 40 - starting late I immediately bought our first house as soon as possible.

With your son at 24 it's a different situation: without any other obligations or responsibilities aside his job, then why not? Doubtless he'll spend most of his current savings + not saving anything for the year. So he'll have 3 years? of savings to catch up on to buy a house etc... - I had zero money (for such frivoulous things as purchasing houses) until after I graduated. Luckily I didn't have to save for a deposit due to some small inheritance. Although there's little that I regret - and nothing I'd do differently. If I had gone to university earlier I might well have gone to see the world myself.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote