View Single Post
Old 27th April 2021, 19:36   #1
ceetdm
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTi Manual Saloon + Rover 75 CDTi Auto Saloon

Default Favour to ask regarding front break pipes.

I've been doing some work on my front brakes - Pads, Discs, backplates, and new flexi's.

Even though I kept the bracket well greased where the flexi meets the rigid brake pipe I just could not free the male flare nut that mates with the flexi and so decided to cut the pipe.

Now, I then proceeded to flare the pipe without first placing the flare nut onto the pipe Time to chop the pipe again and do another flare on the pipe this time remembering to place the flare nut onto the pipe

Then I did otherside, all went well, until I looked properly at the type of flares that I had just done and realised that it was just a single SAE and not the required DIN

So, had to chop the flares off again and am now in the process of getting a flare tool that does DIN flares.

Here's where the favour comes in: I would like to keep the original pipe going into the flexi and intend to place a join above the bracket, at the flexi union.
Does anyone have any off cuts of the original brake pipe say a couple of 100mm lengths that they would be willing to post to me? I will of course pay the costs.

Hope you at least got a chuckle at my endeavours when reading this - Oh! the laugh I had at my expense

Tommy