View Single Post
Old 16th October 2018, 18:21   #56
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Unfortunately I have seen the video, facebook users can be cruel. I think (and I hate to say it) confusion, for whatever reason, has added to this incident. From what little I saw, cars travelling in the correct direction were so at speed, the unfortunate driver with the caravan, also appeared to be travelling at a reasonable speed (not speeding), rather than pulled over stopped towards the barrier. I didnt notice how far away from any on ramp it was (and i wasnt replaying it once I realised what it was), but it was in lane 3 ie the so called 'fast lane', so the driver has cut across two lanes into what I can only assume they thought to be their lane 1.

The volume of cars in the correct direction, would have made it difficult for those following to see anything amiss until the last minute, with some cars swerving suddenly at the last second towards the barrier. I am not in a position to make judgement, but it sadly appears to have been some form of confusion rather than eyesight and age. Along with the impatience (and in my opinion, and I am guilty of this more than I like to admit) selfishness, with speed and spacing.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote