View Single Post
Old 1st February 2019, 20:48   #9066
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrolman pete View Post
Another couple of jobs completed on the Connie today . I needed to replace a loose side repeater that had a damaged clip and needed replace the two plastic panels in the front corners of the bumper that fix to the wheel arch liners. To obtain replacements I travelled down the road to Hartlepool to make the acquaintance with Gary Nelson ( now there's a man with patience when it comes to the R40 !) Once one was removed from a donor car at -1 and another found in the workshop and a nominal sum exchanged , I headed home to fit them realising during the job that we had picked two N/S panels ! I jumped in the tourer this time and raced back to get the correct part . I'm pleased I did as one of Gary's old mates had called in and he was a fondly remembered old work colleague of mine who I'd lost touch with nearly Twenty years ago when I was an MOT tester for Halfords. After a brief catch up I headed home to complete the jobs just before the snow arrived. The car is now ready for a drive up to the Highland of Scotland for a weeks break. A huge thank you to Brian for sorting out my crank pulley and drive belts last week ,which were discovered to be on their last legs !
Shame I didn't know Pete, could've popped along for a chat
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote