View Single Post
Old 4th November 2020, 16:19   #8
Uncle Dean
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
No idea, but I am absolutely sick of digital TV full stop. I don't know how many times I have had to try and retune, not always successfully, and at least with Analogue I never lost the station due to "bad or no Signal", which I now do, whilst a cheaper set in the kitchen carries on regardless! Also, why when they move a station to another number do they never fill the original with another?

Rant over.
Hello Mate,

Have you noticed it does the same with digital radio?

years ago when technology was not so good as it is now the recievers had a much bigger bandwidth...i.e. it would pick up the station or signal if it drifted abit, now a days the transmitters and recievers are so precise the bandwidth doesnt need to be wide and so when the signal drifts or becomes poor for any reason it can nolonger be detected.

fm and dab,digital radio has a shorter range from the transmitter as well as digital tv signals, try driving up to Inverness along the A9 to see how it works. When AM signals were on the go you could listen the whole journey, now, about 60-70% only.

I used to live way out in the highlands and tv signals were relayed using our own aerial system.... in came digital, out went our tv.

thats what they call improvements.
Uncle Dean is offline   Reply With Quote