Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Good morning Phil. Not too bad, you?

Ah well, two out of three’s not bad.
Those ‘old fashioned’ ways were a product of good manners and respect for the more palatable public behaviour that seems to be a bit missing. Times change, obviously, and you move on with them or you don’t. For each, it depends on how entrenched those old ways remain. We must move on!

Tomorrow is the day a year ago that I fell on the marble floor and broke my neck. C3,C4,C5,C6 needed plating and another around the front. That was bad enough, but the associated clinical Delirium was absolutely terrifying.

Unfortunately, it set off various other nuisances that were lying in wait just for an excuse to manifest themselves. Nearly there though, expecting a biggie op elsewhere in the next couple of months and that should be an end to it. Or me!

What’s even worse is that my 75 has been winking at me from the driveway ever since. I surrendered my licence to DVLA before being told to and haven’t been able to get it back.

The opportunity has not been wasted though. The car has been through a top to tail mechanical refurb so that when, if, DVLA finally get over themselves I might get out and about again! Hey ho, just part of life’s rich pageantry. At least I’ve saved a bit on the insurance.
Good morning Ray,

Is there a chapter 2 to “This is my life”?

Today we are driving to London. Tomorrow I get the results of the treadmill ECG test I had done in London on 5 August which is part of a pre-op assessment for an open operation to repair an abdominal aortic aneurysm using a synthetic graft. When I get through all of that, I can make plans for the future.

All the best with the DVLA, do keep us posted.

Looking forward to chapter 2.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote