View Single Post
Old 12th September 2014, 13:23   #30
DragonFly
Loves to post

Non 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYER View Post
If it,s any consolation (and I know it,s not ) the likelyhood is they died of smoke inhilation and would have went quickly, a tremendous amount of smoke is produced and hopefully thats what killed them .
My father was a fireman for over twenty years and most bodies they recovered in houses were still in bed .

This does,nt ease whats happened but making this lad go into a smoke tunnel at a fire station without apparatus will give him a taste of what he did.
Unfortunately, one of the people who was at the dogs home, and who went into the building to start to rescue the dogs (he managed to rescue two) said

"When he tried to go back to get more, there was no way that he could get back into the building due to the large amount of fire. But that he could hear the dogs that were trapped inside. And that it is a sound that he will never forget".

Things like this really do make my blood boil. And as much as I value my job, I also have 4 dogs and I'd have to agree with a lot of posters in this thread by treating the little in the same manner as those dogs.

Meanwhile, as I said in an earlier post, out of tragedy comes a reinforcement of faith in humanity.... Almost £1 million has now been raised for the aid of the Manchester & Cheshire dogs home.
DragonFly is offline   Reply With Quote