View Single Post
Old 12th June 2014, 11:57   #20
Spôôk
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDTi Conn. SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Cut View Post
It sounds impressive, but are there any copyright issues or has this been already sorted? I and many others have had knuckles wrapped for merely discussing the RAVE CD, so exporting the T4 as a distributable virtual machine must be inviting excommunication. Are the user licences being sold by Xpart/Catapillar/Omicon or who? Will I be buying original software? Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I need to know.

TC
I don't know the solution in question at all. But from a software distribution point it would be an infringement if whole or parts of the (original) software was copied and transferred to another client/user on a permanent basis ie. was able to run on that client machine.
However, if an individual piece of software installed on a client/user PC could transfer the "live" data to/from an OBD interface to a remote T4, I don't see how anybody could object as this would just be regarded as a virtual CABLE.
Offcourse someone might even write an entirely new program like the BMW 1.4x scanner software, sending data to a T4 - who knows. And that would not be an infringement either.

Preben

Ooops, Brian beat me to it.

Last edited by Spôôk; 12th June 2014 at 12:02..