View Single Post
Old 24th August 2021, 16:08   #161635
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Afternoon all, Turned out really nice again this afternoon, More gardening done whilst the weather is nice so I didn't get around to making pasta sauces, I made two bowls of tomato salsa which the gannets scoffed most of it was very nice with a pork pie.

Missus has done the BIG SHOP this afternoon & a fresh supply of Henry's in the fridge Roast chicken, new potatoes, broccoli, carrot & Milan turnip from the garden mashed with butter is delicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Hi everyone and all animal lovers. Last evening the mechanics arrived on their motor bike to carry out repairs, they work full time for Kia and then its private jobs after work.

The auto electrician found a switch for the tail lights, failed from being faulty. The tail lights and the dashboard lights are on the same channel. He said he will look for an OEM replacement but it will take him until the weekend to find what is needed.

In the meantime, he rigged up a temporary fix with the wiring under the steering wheel and he showed me how to join 2 wires using a twist to make the tail lights work, untwist the 2 wires to separate and turn the lights off.

The other mechanic said I will need a new heater matrix and he is hoping to be able to find one by the weekend. Apparently its a big job, the dashboard has to come out and the bulk head. The heater matrix is in a difficult place.

When I asked them how much I owed them, they said 300 Kenyan shillings which is about £2

Not much so I gave them £30, hoping they will come back and complete the job.

Nice day here 26C, no complaints.

Nice one Phil, It's always good to treat good mechanics I've just found out about Alan the mechanic/MOT guy I used to take all my old classic cars to to get MOT'd has died from the C virus

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote