View Single Post
Old 18th June 2020, 18:29   #35
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Watched the video through. What I saw and heard:

Difficult arrest, prisoner struggling and protesting, head and shoulders over the officer, resisting officers. The 'take down' was not on film and there were massive redactions throughout so the full record is suspect.

At 11.09 prisoner was on the ground chest down and head on his left cheek on ground. The knee was placed on the side of the neck. Officer's other leg, out of shot, was presumably foot on ground to achieve stability. Prisoner cohesive at 12.15

12.49 Prisoner complains of stomach and neck hurting. Officer moves leg to the back of the neck. Officer continually looking at prisoner.

A significant period of protesting from a loudly commentating member of the public, all of it to the officer holding Mr. Floyd. This was then directed at the two other officers attending and was diverting attention from the arrest.

Considerable harassment of the officers by a section of the public, diverting attention from the capture. The commentating and agitating witness began threatening and insulting the officer.

18.59: Officer took leg off neck and prisoner was removed and carried to the van.
Throughout there were aggressive public challenges.

With no bias from me: the public were or seemed to be entirely supportive of the prisoner and verbally aggressive to the officers. Two witnessing officers were extremely aware of the public around them and appeared to be in defence mode. The atmosphere was tense and officers were partially crouching during the retreat to the van.

This was definitely not as first reported, go on, see for yourself. The arrest was aggressive yes, what else would you expect in that environment? I don't know how anybody would want to be a police officer, and a white one at that, in that environment. The charge of murder is ridiculous.

Last edited by wraymond; 18th June 2020 at 18:32..
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote