View Single Post
Old 18th May 2021, 19:46   #37
alanaslan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer Automatic conn, 75 Saloon Automatic Conn, The Monograme Spice Tourer

I have just come across this thread and spent the past hour carefully going over it.
It seems to start with the question being asked as to how there so many posts currently waiting for people to complete the selection process. That would allow them to be considered for the post.
From my personal experience of dealing with the police, I have to say that some are very fair and listen to witnesses and people involved. Whilst some have preconceived ideas which they bring to an investigation. These ideas can bias an investigation from the very start and can lead to a very half hearted investigation.
We need many more Police officers preferably those with an open mind. I have to say that I do not expect the forces to fill their vacant posts in my lifetime, somewhere between the next ten to twenty years.
We also require many more Nurses and until the uk Governments carry out a proper job evaluation and raise the pay and conditions to a level that reflects the role they play, in the discharging of their duties. I am sad to say there will always be a massive gap between posts and people to fill them. Again this will not be sorted in my lifetime.

Unfortunately there will always be Police officers who think they can operate outside the law.
Once a suspect is in hand cuffs the threat or risk they pose is greatly reduced.
There is never any situation where kneeling on a persons neck is acceptable. No matter what stage in restraining the suspect.
Until everyone in the world realises that using this method of restraint on any other human is unacceptable, there will always be somebody who thinks that this kind of behaviour is acceptable.

What is required today is a total revaluation of everyone’s job, and their wage to reflect the outcome of the evaluation. Not some bean counter to say that the country can’t afford to pay the recommended amount and then just float a arbitrary figure out to then have the Government of the day accept the silly sum rather than pay the carefully considered sum.

The past eighteen months has been a wonderful playing field leveller. It is just a shame that those in power have not payed attention to the lessons. Or if they have they have gone back to putting their blinkers on.

All those in power need to do is carry out a risk assessment and implement the control measures no matter how unpopular they may be and proceed implementing the cost analysis.

I find it all very sad that any group of people or individual should attempt to change something that has had a proper assessment carried out on it. Once an assessment has been done the recommendations in the assessment should be carried out. Then it should remain in its changed state as recommended by the assessment until the next review date.

Sadly people will always go off at a tangent and things will just not be progressed to their required conclusion.

Perhaps it is just that I am an old man and can witness the same mistakes being made again and again.decade after decade.

Alan
alanaslan is offline   Reply With Quote