View Single Post
Old 9th January 2008, 20:56   #29
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT@Home View Post
Scratches to my original alloys, from least damage to worst. Having seen these pics I think the 5p piece gives a good indication of the "damage" itself. The first one only has a very small piece of lacquer missing, the 2nd one a slightly peppered scratch, and the last one a slight dent. The colouring is due to my NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- photograhic skills and that the fact that it was getting dark when i got them from the garage.

I haven't checked anything other than the face of the alloys (they are well wrapped in the original rover covering), but they look fine.

Anyway suffice to say that the new ones are all clean and tidy.
If you thought those were bad, you should have seen one of the wheels Zwarehouse sent me! To be fair though, the damage wasn't apparant from outside the wrapping (which was undamaged) and looked more like a defect with the manufacturing process rather than accident damage.

Like you, I had no problem with sorting the issue, and they allowed me to keep the damaged wheel (which is now being refurbed for use as a spare).

All in all, I was impressed with the service.

Cliff
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote