View Single Post
Old 20th January 2022, 08:38   #96
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
I was hoping that someone would ask, so thank you Martin.

High earner = anyone earning over £75k PA

My proposed tax regime:

A new tax rate of 50% at £50k PA.

A sliding scale of increasing tax between £50k PA and £100k PA thresholds such that above £100k, the tax rate is 100%.

Also, a wealth tax of 100% over £1m including main residence and all other assets.

This will have many positive side effects including curbing the ridiculously high property prices and generally help to achieve a fairer society.

Oh, I forgot to mention. Summary execution for those found to employ tax avoidance schemes or in any way evading tax. Similar benefits to be applied to those able but unwilling to work.

To complement the above:

Minimum wage for working people to be increased to £25k PA. Benefits to non-working people to be at a flat rate of £15k PA. All non-working people to be housed in low-cost housing in appropriate parts of the country.

The above would be just a small part of a wide ranging manifesto for a fairer society.

Are we on board?

what would the take home pay be at 50% tax on 50k?

tax avoidance, that is a government problem, they allow the loop hole. I used AVC's to reduce may tax outgoings.

where do people get the money to pay the wealth tax, if over the years their house has gone up to a million or more but they are on no more then average wage?

A fair society, mmm, one method does not cover all.
We have a female that inherits £250,000, blows the lot. Now lives in rented accommodation with the rent about £200 below market because that is all she could afford when working and now receives universal credit to now pay her rent etc. ya let the rich/well off that have been careful with their money support her. With energy prices rising will her universal credit go up? Will those taking their pension early get an increase?

A fair society is not all about the "rich" supporting the poor, the poor need to support themselves as best they can, not just sit there with their hand out. Some poor people work all the hours god sends and don't ask for state help.

No I do not support you tax scheme, sorry

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote