View Single Post
Old 18th June 2022, 13:08   #8
Savestones
Regular poster

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
I had this fault a few weeks ago; high idle of 1,100 rpm when first starting on a warm summer's day rising to 2,000 - 3,000 rpm as the engine reached normal operating temperature. The car could not be driven safely, as you've said.

To my surprise the idle air control stepper motor was the culprit and it's available separately. It's the cone on the end of the motor shaft which controls the amount of air by-passing the throttle butterfly.
Hi Simon, with the idle air control stepper motor, do you mean this part?:

I tried to look for idle air control stepper motors for an MG ZT, but I can only find the part for the 1.8 engine. AFAIK the part highlighted in the image controls the air by-passing the throttle butterfly.

If so, then I'll probably end up replacing it and will fit the Rimmers repair kit Trikey suggested (just to cover all my bases)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
By the way, you mentioned the procedure of resetting the throttle position by fully pressing the pedal a number of times. This only applies to the MEMS engine management fitted to the 1.8 engines. It is not a feature of the KV6.
Simon

Interesting! I got it from Rimmerbros (https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-MLV100160), where they suggest the trick after performing the idle valve assembly.
Savestones is offline   Reply With Quote