View Single Post
Old 18th June 2022, 14:10   #10
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savestones View Post
Hi Simon, with the idle air control stepper motor, do you mean this part?:

Yes (you do have to buy the housing as well, the motor isn't available separately as I incorrectly said earlier. Sorry about that! ).
Quote:
If so, then I'll probably end up replacing it and will fit the Rimmers repair kit Trikey suggested ...
I had exactly the same symptoms as you have Nathan and I only renewed the motor which cured the fault. So buy the repair kit if you want to but I think you'll be wasting your money. Why not try the motor first and see what happens?
Quote:
I got it from Rimmerbros (https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-MLV100160), where they suggest the trick after performing the idle valve assembly.
The information I gave you was from MG Rover's technical manual RAVE and it actually applies to the Throttle Position Sensor (1.8 engines only) not the stepper motor! I have informed Rimmer Bros.
Quote:
So air flowing from the valve assembly -> hose, meaning a loose hose will be blown out of the valve assembly instead of being sucked onto it.
Anyway I'll get around to replacing the adhesive gum asap.
That fitting to which the tube is connected should positively connect to the IACV housing with a click. Some up and down movement is normal but it should not be possible to lift out the fitting without depressing the locking collar.

Simon

Last edited by SD1too; 18th June 2022 at 14:43.. Reason: Addition
SD1too is offline   Reply With Quote