Old 14th August 2019, 11:10   #5
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
That's nice.
Do you know the service history of this car John?

I would have a look at the throttle cable to make sure that it's adjusted properly. The butterfly should be completely closed at idle because there's a separate air supply to the idle control valve. Next, I would remove and clean the components of this valve. There's an inexpensive service kit available should you need it.

Also, remove the engine acoustic cover and check the cam cover breather tubes beneath. The T junction is usually where they break.

There are lots of KV6 owners here who do their own maintenance so no need to consider cold-blooded murder of this poor old 2 litre.

Simon
Hello Simon,

There is a "File " with the car but as yet I have not had spare time to read it all I know is it is a 2000 registered and fairly Basic spec When I get it back home I can sort the VIN number out and do a search.

The Lurching is consistent with you putting your foot on and off the throttle in quick succession..It will start up easily enough and did tick over well, But after trying to drive it the tick over went a little haywire

I will check out what you suggested and see what happens.

John Number 6.

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote