View Single Post
Old 28th June 2020, 10:18   #3
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by goltho View Post
Wot I need help with
• I do not know if the OEM brake switch is double-pole. It's only shown once in the entire ZT wiring diagrams as being double-pole and is not shown as such on the attached diagrams.
Hi Dougie,

The internal detail of the brake pedal switch in your diagrams is unofficial as far as I can tell. RAVE doesn't include it so it may or may not be correct.
Quote:
• Should I disconnect the EAT C0932-43 from the brake switch C0775-3 now that cruise is fitted? I'm unable to interpret the diagram in that respect.
RAVE says that C0932-43 is an input to the EAT ECU from the brake pedal switch. In other words, it tells the automatic transmission when the driver is braking. I'd say that you should not disconnect it!
Quote:
• ... is it again safe to assume that I can disconnect the brake switch C0775-3 from EAT C0932-43 altogether and instead connect it directly to the cruise relay C0895-6?
It appears to me as if C0775-3 needs to be connected to both the EAT ECU C0932-43 and the cruise relay C0895-6 (both are inputs from the brake pedal switch).

Simon