View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2021, 07:56   #16
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuriken_57 View Post
Yes , the temperature vary depending upon road speed: between 90 khm and 130khm , the temperature is 82-83°.
In city, it's 84/100° depending the traffic.
Thanks Brahim. A sealed cooling system, pressurising correctly, should run in the low nineties whether the car is moving at 35 km/h (20 mph) or 130 km/h (75 mph). It should only rise to 100° when the car is stationary for long periods.

Your symptoms are a classic case of an unsealed cooling system. This could be due to anything from worn expansion tank cap seals, a faulty cap, a loose hose connection, a slowly seeping 'O' ring in the 'V', a defective water pump gasket or bearing, a leaking radiator, inlet manifold gasket etc. etc., the list is almost endless. It will not be easy to find because there won't necessarily be drops of coolant visible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuriken_57 View Post
I think I’m going to do a purge again because I disconnected the expansion tank bleed hose, I didn’t know it would be a problem.
It won't be a problem provided that you reconnected that hose at the same time as lowering the expansion tank back into its fixed position.

Simon