Old 1st July 2021, 20:57   #5
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post
Hi Julian

The tools are the one's that were supplied with the Lance/gun when new. All of a sudden they will not press into the Lance to be twisted and locked.
check that the locking ring on the lance/nozzle etc has not become detached and stuck onto the gun. Mine did this often. It involved removing the fitting (from around the outlet pipe of the lance) with pointy nosed pliers and refitting along with a new o-ring.

If yours has gone this way, it will almost certainly need a new o - ring, and they are an odd size, being slightly thicker than standard ones.

I have now replaced all of my fittings, but still use the now 9 year old pressure washer. Slowly replacing various components to 1/4" quick release fittings and heavy duty lance. Almost certainly you will not need new lance, or accessories, but rather the o-rings and locking fitting, like this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/KAER5-2-640...c=1&th=1&psc=1

If you plan to change the accessories, I would advise looking for alternative. Often the same price, or cheaper, but normally better quality than the Karcher offerings.

eg Clean Tec

or

Equip2clean

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote