View Single Post
Old 23rd February 2021, 19:38   #5
Adam2003
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
Upload a video to youtube and link to it, cannot post videos.

Should remove the battery to charge, at the very least disconnect it from the car!

I am guessing the horn is related to the alarm system. If it looks like a snail, it doesnt have a battery. If it is squared off box like 'thing' it will be a battery back up system (BBUS), which are prone to failure. (fitted if you have factoory Xenon headlights).

To test the alarm, the simplest method would be to open the bonnet, press the sensor button (rubber cone shaped at the front), then whilst holding it down, lock with the remote. Keep the sensor button held for about 15 seconds, then release. If the siren doesnt sound, and the indicators flash, it means your BBUS has failed. Since they are plentiful on eBay for around £10-15 (search BMW e46 e39 alarm EXAMPLE) and generally reliable in BMWs and Binis, I would just replace (a wiring plug and a nut if I recall).

If it is the snail type, I would still test, and assume, if it works correctly, it to be something related to fitting the charger to the car's wiring system.

Removed* that’s what I meant haha normally I just disconnect it and not remove.

I’m gonna leave it on charge for the next 24 hours, try what you have suggested and I’ll report back tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Adam2003 is offline   Reply With Quote