Old 29th January 2019, 13:42   #8
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoverLord View Post
WOW. Pure gold here.

Let me tell you something brothers. Since my sad history of my broken Jaguar, I drove a small car from 1996. The mechanic who broke the Jaguar lent it to me. I guess he felt guilty, knowing IO must stay mobile.

I drove that small car without any comfort. No electric windows, crushed and pathetic seats, no telephone speakers, no nothing. On top, sometimes the car shut down when I switched the gear down to 1. It was dangerous. No airbag nothing. I am a good driver. But still. I always thought the other mechanic would fix my Jaguar. So I stood patiently.

But then I decided to act. I knew the Jaguar wont get fixed. So I called my lawyer to take care of things and needed a new car, for the winter.

After 9 months of starving I knew it must be a comfy car. But no mass car like everyone has.

So searched for the usual suspects. Citroen C6 (!!!), Peugeot 607 and Audi A6.

But to get good ones, is a game. Mostly you have pirates or car dealers on the phone. This was not an option for me.

So I was at the parking lot the other day. I saw a greenish Rover 75. I remembered the car from many years ago. I had in mind that the Rover was a car which was not reliable at that time.

At home I decided to kick out that mainframe and research for a Rover 75. And I saw the prices ! You get a lot of car for a small amount of money. Including history, class and design.

And I was searching at some nice models and there I made my decision. A silver Rover 75 2.0 CDT from 06.2001. It looks like brand-new. The owner always put it in his garage.

When I bought it I drove it home. I remember it was snowy and I was stressed since I had a hard day. Couldn't believe my "misery" with the small car will find an end. I took the train to get from A to B, paid the guy and drove home.

I couldn't believe it! It was evening. I sat inside and was shocked. The red light inside, the leather seats were new. I closed the door. I heard nothing. Put my Google Maps on the phone and drove home.

It started to snow. But no problem for the Rover. The next morning I registered it with no problems. Insurance etc, all good.

Just need to fix the code for the Radio (which still says wait) and all is good.
The diesel engine is a good solid lump, not prone to breaking down.
Comfy, very much so

Glad to hear you are a happy owner. If you need it, lots of help on this forum so don't be scared to ask.

good luck with ownership

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote