View Single Post
Old 21st September 2019, 09:33   #8
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonite View Post
I’ve read about people fitting a brackets around it or welding it to the car just to make it more difficult to steal. Some cars cats are much easier to steal than others so I’m not sure where 75/ZT sits on that list
Because of the type of tool I haven’t named for obvious reasons it’s not a power tool so very quiet and cuts through it quite easy, there’s not a lot you can do to protect it, however our cars are not a particular target because most people would’ve expected them to have had the original cat replaced by now, parking it as close to a high curb as possible is probably one of the best measures you can take to stop it being cut off because it means they would have to access it from the roadside, as entering from the front at the engine is very difficult and entering it from the back is not practical.
Mick
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote