View Single Post
Old 10th February 2020, 15:41   #1
SilverMT

MG ZT

Default 2003 MG ZT 2000D (M47R) Manual: Various issues and part number confirmation

Hello everyone.

I recently had to opportunity to purchase a 2003 Diesel ZT. I would have never imagined that I would be driving such a car as I would have said that smaller, sportier cars were more my style and the ZT looks quite executive. However I am really happy with the car and would like to return it to pristine condition.

I need to replace some parts that are rusting and I would feel more confident if someone with more experience would confirm that I have gone for the correct ones. I got some feedback from Rimmer bros but I would like an extra confirmation as I live in Malta and it would be a real hassle to return any incorrect parts.

My chassis no is SAR RJ XLH C3D282928

The first picture is taken looking into the bonnet from above. The part number I have is PEP000130.

The second picture is taken from under the car. It is the pipe exiting the radiator from the bottom right (facing the front of the car). Part numbers I have been given are PEP103190 and PEH101201.

I would also like any advice as to any other clips, etc that you would recommend replacing in the process.

Also, the bonnet gas struts don't always hold the bonnet open and have had a close shave a couple of times with my head almost getting knocked off! However I can't find a ZT part number on Rimmer.

The only key that I received had rust marks all around the battery and ciruit. I managed to clean it up and replace the battery. The LED on the key now lights up when I press the button but the key does not un/lock the car. Any ideas?

The radio control on the steering wheel does not work either.

The driver side window, lock and side-mirror controls were not working and I tried to clean the PCB as suggested by another thread on this site. Unfortunately that didn't work. I went to help a friend jump start his car and in the process my battery was disconnected. Oh what a happy surprise I had when upon reconnecting my battery, the window controls started working again!

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Best regards.
SilverMT is offline   Reply With Quote