View Single Post
Old 15th February 2020, 11:01   #7
SilverMT

MG ZT

Wow, thanks so much for the photos, they really help to understand more clearly. I top up the coolant every week or two depending on how much I've used the car. I mostly use it for the school run which is just a couple of km, but when I drive longer distances I keep a closer eye on the coolant level. I'd say that when I top up, I add between a quarter and a half litre.

Since the pipe in my second photo looks kind of wet, I thought that that's where the leak was occurring. As for the first pipe, I think that my mechanic wanted to replace it more as a preventative measure considering that it looks really rusty, with bubbling and all. But I shall try to sand it down and treat and paint it as you suggested.

I shall check the cap o-rings and shall also ask my mechanic to check the y connection. You say that they go brittle. Does this mean that they would need to be replaced or is it a serviceable part?

Thanks again for your time. I had read a few articles on here before and after I bought the car and

admired the sense of community. Now I'm getting to experience it for myself!
SilverMT is offline   Reply With Quote