View Single Post
Old 15th February 2020, 12:32   #4
StewartIngram
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connoisseur 2.5 V6 auto

Thanks for the reply, I'm open to all suggestions!
Just to give a little more background:
I've owned 3x 75, all KV6 auto and all converted to lpg by me. I'm not a trained mechanic, but my late grandad helped me when I started driving in 1967. Since then I have done 99.9% of my own maintenance.
The 3x 75 are as follows:
Gold 2007-2017. Heavily refurbished over the years. Following a brake pipe failure, stripped for spares.
Blue 2017-2018. More refurbishment on this one, many new parts fitted ready for the future. Following a minor scrape on a wheel arch, (not my fault) the insurance wrote it off, but I intended to keep it and get it repaired; whilst awaiting the payment I lost all the engine oil. Once again, stripped for spares. Some are already fitted to the present one.
Silver 2018-present. I can't believe my luck in finding this one, in such excellent condition. Again now has lpg fitted.

OK, what have I done that could be relevant?
Because of fault 2, I have checked and changed cyl 6 plug and coil. No problems found. Going back to fault 1; as the same components are used on petrol and lpg, I wouldn't expect an ignition fault unless the symptoms occurred on both fuels. (Although a worn plug can show a misfire on lpg before petrol). No 6 plug was clean and perfect; as I put new iridium ones in when I did the conversion I expected that. Incidentally, on the gold car, iridiums lasted the life of the car - and also the blue one - never had a problem with them on lpg (and yes I did check them). They last well.
I suspect petrol related, under starting conditions only. Everything is fine once the initial warm-up is done.
I have started simple part swops, nothing dramatic until the weather improves!
On the throttle body, the fuel purge valve has been changed, along with the
IAT/MAP sensor, both from the other cars and easy to change.
The IACV was stripped and cleaned soon after I got the car. I do wonder if this could be the problem, it is on the to-do list again.
Reading the blurb on RAVE, when cold starting there are temp sensors and valves such as this one which might be relevant, I will eventually go through the lot! I'm lucky to have plenty of (known good) spares, just need the right weather! A little advice from the good guys on here wouldn't come amiss though. If I do find anything, I will certainly post it.

Stewart
StewartIngram is offline   Reply With Quote