View Single Post
Old 10th December 2016, 22:50   #30
p2roverman
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connie Tourer & Connie SE Saloon & Club SE Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
What are the necessary precautions please?
Harry, unfortunately I'm not actually sure. Check your license expiry date it will likely be your 70th birthday. I understand the DVLA should write to you to give you the chance to renew and I think you will need to provide a note from your doctor to say you are fit to drive. Might even be an idea to phone them up to enquire.

Surely one of our +70 members has been through this process and can give chapter and verse?

As with anything sent to the DVLA, make sure you 'lose' your existing license so you can't find it to send to them. Remember in cases in the past when people have sent licenses in for change of address etc, they became lost in the system, there was no record of that person ever having a license or passing a test, so had to start again. I believe one such victim was a police motorcyclist!

Maybe I'm being paranoid, but with some of the things you hear about the DVLA , although I'm told they are improving despite the lack of local offices. It would be good to hear from others' experiences withthe DVLA, is there a suitable existing thread?
p2roverman is offline   Reply With Quote