Old 30th January 2021, 15:19   #27
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
It winds me up the way speed always gets the blame
Its a well known fact that most accidents happen under 30 mph. And my betting is that most accidents that happen at speed, are because of someone else who has not noticed the speed the other car is travelling at. A bit like the B*W that came over the traffic lights two days ago on red when my lights were on green and I was pulling away. Sounded my horn and got the two finger signature of an idiot. And if speed kills, I was driving down the stadium straight at Donnington Raceway in an Aston Martin Vantage at 150 mph, when another car came onto the track from the access road from in front of the stadium to the track, the instructor sat beside me said watch the car, and then he said you have already seen him. When we had finished, I asked him how he knew I had seen him, and he said that he watch’s :- head, feet and hands as we go round the track. He told me he had had to take control of the steering wheel and brakes many times because people don’t realise how quick they are going for a given piece of the track. This is the same chap that when I was catching a Ferrari up, told me to ‘go on you can get past ‘the slab’. Only had him up against the passenger door once round a corner and he was smiling. And yes, I really did enjoy that total experience. Highly recommend you try it at least once in your life. Don’t bother with Rockingham , they won’t let you get out of third gear there, not in the Vantage anyway. Have a look at the Racing School on the net..

Last edited by bl52krz; 30th January 2021 at 21:01..
bl52krz is online now   Reply With Quote