View Single Post
Old 13th October 2019, 17:21   #4
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

I can only comment on my experience with my wife's, and that is ridiculously rusty underneath, considering it's half the age of my ZT, but definitely more rusty.

The 1.5 diesel is incredibly slow, and from what I've read is one of the most polluting cars on the road today. She's averaging around 50mpg on a 50 mile journey to work, mostly dual carriageway and a bit of motorway.

She's had it 3 years and the only time it's actually let her down was a dead battery. A few MOT failures, 1 being a front lower arm at around 90,000 miles. Same issue with the heat shield falling off and rattling as on our cars. You cut your hands to pieces changing the headlight bulbs, tailgate is just the right height for smacking your head on.
Personally I hate the driving position, too high and upright, but that's just me. She likes it, but is looking at the Chinese MG ZS to replace it.

Overall, build quality seems ok, body panels fit well, wheels still look ok, though the interior feels cheap and transit-like, comfy seats, easy to use computer on the dash, stereo is a bit clunky, steering is light (too light for me), as is the gearshift (again, too light for me, sneeze and you've changed gear). The parts I have had to change haven't been any cheaper than they are on the ZT.

1 thing that caught me out when doing an oil change was the under tray being held on with plastic clips. A couple broke when removing them, but had some that were similar enough to replace them.

She likes it, and everything she likes about it, is the reason I hate it. (Oh should add, it's a 2010 model)
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote