View Single Post
Old 13th October 2019, 20:31   #6
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

If it's what he fancies, then why not? it won't be any worse than an ageing 75 or ZT.

I often chuckle at the comments about how smooth and compliant the 75 is........well with one notable exception, I've never experienced the fabled "Magic carpet ride".

Any modern car (see new), no matter how cheap and cheerful will knock spots off any 75 or ZT, it's a sad fact, although they were a good car in their time, they were of their time, and times change, cars evolve, are easier to drive, quieter, smoother and more economical.

Does this make them better? well it depends on what you want from a car, reliability albeit boring, or quirky and interesting, with a concession or two to reliability.

Back to the CashCow, I've only ever driven one, and it seemed ok, it's not what I would choose to drive as a daily, but a lot of people seem to like them.

I would suggest he drive a couple to see what engine choice suits him, and remember most on here will be prompting him to keep his 75, and how dare he eschew 75 ownership and as such won't be giving the most impartial of advice

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote