View Single Post
Old 19th November 2021, 14:41   #77
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqueofthedevil View Post
It's not mandatory for either group to have the Covid jab! But the employment prospects of both will suffer - in their current line of work - if they don't get it. It's not an identical situation, I grant you, but I don't think you can say that the care home workers are facing a completely unique decision.

As for the efficacy of the vaccine, the fact that we're all sitting here discussing it shows that it's working exactly as intended, because we're not lying in hospital hooked up to a ventilator! One statistic that no one has mentioned yet is the proportion of Covid inpatients who haven't had the jabs. Now of course you could claim that the inpatients might have suffered badly even if they had had jabs, and you could also claim that the vaccinated who got it might have only had mild symptoms even without the jabs. Both of these are no doubt true in some cases. But here we are, in the early stages of winter, free to go about our business with none of the restrictions which we had a year ago. You could claim that all this is down to the increasing levels of natural immunity; I'm sure that is partially true, but to me it is plain that the vaccines have played a significant part in reducing the number of hospital admissions resulting from Covid. If having another jab, and maybe another next year, is what is required to keep me out of hospital and reduce the burden on the NHS, personally I'm happy to have it.

Got to take issue with this "As for the efficacy of the vaccine, the fact that we're all sitting here discussing it shows that it's working exactly as intended, because we're not lying in hospital hooked up to a ventilator!"

How many of us that have been vaccinated have caught the virus since being vaccinated?

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote